Re: [Tails-l10n] Images and html pages translation

Author: drebs
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Images and html pages translation
sajolida, thanks for the answer and the tip about the image.

I comment the other point below.

sajolida@??? (2.7K bytes):
> > 2. How to translate html pages (i.e. wiki/src/contribute/talk.html)?
>
> This page is not translatable. This is not related to the fact that it
> is in HTML, but to the fact that it is part of the Contribute section
> for which we say:
>
> « This section is only in English, because there is currently no way to
> contribute to Tails if you do not understand English. »

Hum, I understand that subpages of contribute section should not be
translated, but I find that the main contribute page, including the talk.html
page, should be translated because:

  * Seems to me that the whole main contribute page should be translated
    (even if subpages are not) because otherwise the contribute page itself
    will present content in 2 distinct languages, what seems inconsistent from
    the website usability point of view. See the pages in German and
    Portuguese.

  * The talk.html page in question is included in the main contribute page,
    and addresses forms of contacting the tails team which i think are not
    listed together anywhere else in the page. Do we want to make it harder
    for non-english speakers to obtain the tails team contact info?

Bye, thanks again,
drebs