Re: [Tails-dev] A humble suggestion ...

Author: intrigeri
To: Latuf Tak, The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] A humble suggestion ...
Hi,

Latuf Tak wrote (10 May 2014 03:32:18 GMT) :
> I was wondering if you've thought about getting Tails out to the general
> public ala "Chrome Cast"? A hardware dongle with a keyboard or remote?

> Of course, there are plenty of competitors (Roku, etc.), but there's
> nothing out there touting/leveraging/with reputation like your platform on
> a Home Entertainment platform (HTPC). With USB/HDMI integration in most of
> the new TVs, this seems like a logical step - and the next frontier.

I'm sorry we're replying this late.

I personally are not knowledgeable enough in such platforms and the
specific challenges and user experience it brings, so I have no idea.

Our resources are very limited. We have quite some work on our plate
to make our stuff maintainable, and the project sustainable.
Details can be found on the 2.0 and 3.0 milestone on our roadmap:

https://labs.riseup.net/code/projects/tails/roadmap

So, to be honest, I doubt any existing core contributor has any time
on their plate right now, to put into developing a second flavour
of Tails.

Still, if people with the right skills and available time are
interested in working on this, I encourage them to go ahead, think
this through, get an idea of what the challenges are :)

Wrt. support, the best way one can help, right now, to make such
projects more plausible in the future, is to contribute to Tails in
some way:

https://tails.boum.org/contribute/