[Tails-dev] A humble suggestion ...

Author: Latuf Tak
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] A humble suggestion ...
To the Tails Team:

I'm sincerely grateful for what you've accomplished, in a relatively short
period of time to ensure privacy for the "Joe Citizen".

I was wondering if you've thought about getting Tails out to the general
public ala "Chrome Cast"? A hardware dongle with a keyboard or remote?

Of course, there are plenty of competitors (Roku, etc.), but there's
nothing out there touting/leveraging/with reputation like your platform on
a Home Entertainment platform (HTPC). With USB/HDMI integration in most of
the new TVs, this seems like a logical step - and the next frontier.

Indeed, the objective wouldn't be to stream HD material via Tor/Tails (who
knows - maybe a remuneration model to the Tor node providers - if Tor/they
so choose), but rather an interface where a non/semi-techincal person could
browse the Internet with much needed anonymity (whilst enjoying their
Netflix at full speed). Of course, a hybrid solution - where Tails could
be the privacy provider of all transactions, and the "media" provider
(e.g., Hulu, Netflix, etc.) could simply take care of the
delivery/profits? Something to ponder.

Let me know your thoughts, as I'd be interested in supporting this
hardware/software solution for the masses (monetarily, that is).

Thank you.