Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/5711-liferea…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/5711-liferea-persistence-preset
Hi,

intrigeri wrote (26 May 2014 15:32:17 GMT) :
> * Feeds that I had already fetched, and read some articles from, are
> empty after a reboot. When updating it again, the articles I had
> read already now appeared as unread. I consider this to be
> a clear blocker.

I realize that the newly introduced preset is documented as persisting
"subscriptions" only. I don't really see the point in proposing this
only. Without persistence of the state of feed entries, persistent
Liferea config is not much more useful than a pile of browser
bookmarks + "Open all in tabs".

It looks like the *state* of subscribed feeds lives in
~/.local/share/liferea. Indeed, XDG compliance => we can't only
persist ~/.config/liferea.