Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1] #7097 feature/torbutton…

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1] #7097 feature/torbutton-1.6.9.0
26/05/14 11:07, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> merged, thanks. Congrats!

Thanks!

> Other (non-blocking) comments:
>
> The entry in debian/changelog for 1.6.9.0 seems to lack everything
> that can be found in the 1.6.7.0 and 1.6.8.0 upstream changelog
> sections, that hence don't appear anywhere in d/changelog, since these
> two versions were not packaged. Perhaps changing debian/README.source
> to use git-dch instead of plain dch would avoid such mistakes in
> the future.

I actually used dit-dch, but then I cleaned the changelog by removing
the entries generated for following not-very-interesting commits:

1e1210f Merge remote-tracking branch 'gk/bug_9901_v5'
4a9d180 Changelog and version bump for 1.6.7.0.
a9a3b8f Merge remote-tracking branch 'brade/bug10398'
0bd903f Write changelog and bump version for 1.6.8.0.
453ef7f Update changelog and rdf for 1.6.9.0.

In the future, would you prefer that I keep even such uninformative entries?

> Regarding the version/Tor check, this is getting complicated enough
> that a few lines explaining the whole thing in the design doc would
> seem appropriate to me. I suspect the messages for the commits you've
> mentioned in the merge request should be good basis for such text.
> I think we're slowly, but consistently accumulating "technical debt"
> by under-documenting how our browser is configured. OTOH, this is
> a process I should probably have started myself back when committing
> 3241197, so it would certainly not be fair to put the burden of
> documenting this all now on your shoulders. Care to file a ticket
> about it, referencing the commits you mentioned?

Opened as #7284.

Cheers!