[Tails-dev] General Comments on Download/Installation Docume…

Author: John Olsen
To: tails-dev@boum.org
Subject: [Tails-dev] General Comments on Download/Installation Documents
Gentlemen:

I regard myself as a power windows user and program in pascal, php, basic, a couple variations of assembly and write MySQL stored procedures. Yet, I have been unable to navigate through to the point where I have an operating USB stick. Why? Windows is different enough from Linux that the Linux terminology is incomprehensible. ISO Image, Signature, Signing Key, Gnome, Ubuntu, Debian, sudo, seahorse-plugins etc. are at best only vague notions to a Windows user. Further, we don't already have Linux running so all steps described for Linux are useless chatter. Yet, I think there are more windows users in the world than Linux and many of us would like to use Tails for simple things without first learning the Linux operating system. What is needed is a detailed step by step process for Windows users. Download these, plug in a blank USB stick, double click that put this data in the blank etc. all with screen shots. Alternately, how about selling operating USB sticks delivered by mail for say $50.00 each?

Dr. John H. Olsen
VP Operations
OMAX Corporation
21409 72nd Ave S.