Re: [Tails-dev] tails torrent tracker is http

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] tails torrent tracker is http
Sina S wrote (10 May 2014 16:36:33 GMT) :
> It's at least listening on 443, but unfortunately my torrent-foo is
> not strong enough to know how to test whether it actually will serve
> torrents. I tried to modify the .torrent file but it didn't work,
> looks like there is some binary data in the file?

Our .torrent's are prepared this way:

https://tails.boum.org/contribute/release_process/#index9h1

I assume running mktorrent with a different URL should be enough
to test this.

> Don't you guys know all the cool kids are using magnet links these
> days? :P

I'd be glad to take patches against the release process doc, or
whatever needs to be changed, so that we can do that and make the cool
kids happy.