Re: [Tails-dev] tails torrent tracker is http

Author: Sina S
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] tails torrent tracker is http
On 11 May 2014 02:21, intrigeri <intrigeri@???> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sina S wrote (10 May 2014 16:15:17 GMT) :
> > I just noticed the tails torrent tracker is using http.
>
> Nice catch. Care to try if the same tracker is listening HTTPS, and
> perhaps ask root@??? if unsure?

It's at least listening on 443, but unfortunately my torrent-foo is
not strong enough to know how to test whether it actually will serve
torrents. I tried to modify the .torrent file but it didn't work,
looks like there is some binary data in the file? Don't you guys know
all the cool kids are using magnet links these days? :P

> > Doesn't this leave users of the tracker vulnerable to man in the
> > middle attacks?
>
> Yes, probably.

Well, I verified my most recent download manually - no funky torrent
sabotage was apparent - so that is good news at least I guess :P