Re: [Tails-l10n] (de) continue translation of download.de.po…

Author: Nivatius
To: tails-l10n
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] (de) continue translation of download.de.po (was DE translation review request download.de.po)

> OK, I created the branch nivatius-download in flapflap/tailsxlat.git

thanks!
> - But I won't call for review yet, as currently, there's not so much new
> stuff ;)

mhh? I think I translated about 30 strings, maybe I pushed the wrong
file after all...
> - You should update/merge your version with mine [0], because I added
> another commit that fixes some minor typo and removes your email address
> from the file header
> - If you like, you can continue to translate the download page and send
> me your update once you're done. I consider the download.de.po file as
> locked for you.

thanks, that'll make things easier.
> - If you continue to translate it: I think we should change "Du" to
> "Sie" as first step, because everywhere else on the wiki we use "Sie".
> (I had an off-list conversation with Frithjof and FrauSuk in January. We
> decided to use "Sie", because it sounds more serious and fits better to
> the importance of Tails)

okay, will do. to avoid things like this is why I think we should make a
wiki page on translation guidelines, yes "Sie/Du" is obvious, but it
would still be nice to have it all in one place. e.g. the fact that the
debian guidelines want you to say iso-image also in german was good to
know, and should be easier to find imho.

>> one thing that whould make it easier for noobs likes me is if one of you
>> could set up a light weight VM (e.g. DSL or slitaz) and set it up.
> In fact, I'm using a VM right now (VirtualBox, Debian).

cool I'd like to borrow it!
>But I think it's difficult to create a generic VM appliance for translators. For example,
> there could be translators who don't want to be recognized as such,
> therefore, need torified git, tor browser, reasonable git
> user.{name,email} configs,... (basically like Tails on a persistent
> volume/USB flash drive with these presets)

Well there is whonix and those people could also use an Onionpi or
install virtualbox inside of a persistent tails stick.

- N.