Re: [Tails-l10n] (de) continue translation of download.de.po…

Author: flapflap
To: tails-l10n
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] (de) continue translation of download.de.po (was DE translation review request download.de.po)
Nivatius:
> oh okay, I though I was being really clever avoid the "clutter" of all
> the other files and folders
>
> I'll do that eventually. menawhile could one of the germantranslators
> simply download my file and integrate it in his/her setup?

OK, I created the branch nivatius-download in flapflap/tailsxlat.git

- But I won't call for review yet, as currently, there's not so much new
stuff ;)
- You should update/merge your version with mine [0], because I added
another commit that fixes some minor typo and removes your email address
from the file header
- If you like, you can continue to translate the download page and send
me your update once you're done. I consider the download.de.po file as
locked for you.
- If you continue to translate it: I think we should change "Du" to
"Sie" as first step, because everywhere else on the wiki we use "Sie".
(I had an off-list conversation with Frithjof and FrauSuk in January. We
decided to use "Sie", because it sounds more serious and fits better to
the importance of Tails)

[0]
https://gitorious.org/flapflap/tailsxlat/source/d1663c2f9fc8579c4984bb6b32892b57f8608bc6:wiki/src/download.de.po

> one thing that whould make it easier for noobs likes me is if one of you
> could set up a light weight VM (e.g. DSL or slitaz) and set it up.

In fact, I'm using a VM right now (VirtualBox, Debian). But I think it's
difficult to create a generic VM appliance for translators. For example,
there could be translators who don't want to be recognized as such,
therefore, need torified git, tor browser, reasonable git
user.{name,email} configs,... (basically like Tails on a persistent
volume/USB flash drive with these presets)