[Tails-dev] Help needed/wished for 1.1 (Wheezy) tasks

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] Help needed/wished for 1.1 (Wheezy) tasks
Hi,

here are a few 1.1 tasks I would not mind some help for. Inline,
you'll find comments and questions to specific people.

Feel free to assign the relevant ticket(s) to you:

Testing
=======

The following tasks don't require to build a Tails ISO, "only" to
download a nightly build from
http://nightly.tails.boum.org/build_Tails_ISO_feature-wheezy/ and
test it.

  * Test hardware requirements on Wheezy
    https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/5390

  * Does liveusb-creator work fine with both shipped kernels
    on Wheezy?
    https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6088

Code
====

  * NetworkManager does not auto-connect when MAC spoofing is enabled
    https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6911
    @anonym: do you want to take care of it?

  * Unusable documentation window in the Greeter
    https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6901
    @alan, @anonym, @WinterFairy, @Andres: anyone?

  * Fix virtualbox guest modules build
    https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/5972
    @sajolida: do you still plan to work on this at some point? If you
    think you have better uses of your Tails time, feel free to
    reassign to me, or preferably to some VirtualBox user who would
    volunteer (hint, hint). Note that task should be way easier on the
    feature/wheezy branch, than it would have been on Squeeze.

  * Wheezy: way too small fonts in Tails Installer
    https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/5673
    @WinterFairy, @Andres: this might be a good one for you.

  * Update Windows camouflage for GNOME3
    https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6342
    @alan: interested? Anyone else?

  * Convert GConf settings to DConf
    https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6362
    @alan, anyone else: interested? Note: this one can easily be
    shared, and done a small piece at a time.

Test suite

  * Adapt test suite for Wheezy
    https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6559
    I've started already, and will try to complete this ASAP, to help
    evaluate how much stuff is still broken in a Wheezy build.
    @bertagaz, anonym: don't hesitate doing some bits of it if you feel
    like it.