Re: [Tails-dev] tails Logo

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] tails Logo
sajolida@??? wrote (17 Mar 2014 16:07:14 GMT) :
> Unfortunately, our requirements [1] were not clear enough on this point,
> but for trademark reasons we cannot reuse directly neither the Tor nor
> the Debian logo. See:

> - https://www.debian.org/trademark
> - https://www.torproject.org/docs/trademark-faq.html.en

Thanks for making the requirement clearer!

JFTR, we have a trademark agreement with the Tor project, and
*legally* we could reuse the Tor logo. However, last time we discussed
this, some of us were strongly in favour of having our own visual
identity, that could evoke the Debian and/or Tor logos, but not simply
reuse it. Hence the initial phrasing of the requirement.