Re: [Tails-dev] Where to link to contribute/how/debian?

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Where to link to contribute/how/debian?
intrigeri:
> I have put together a draft piece of documentation called "Improve
> Tails by working on Debian":
>
> https://tails.boum.org/contribute/how/debian/

Looks great!

> I'd certainly welcome feedback on this page, but that's not the most
> pressing question I have.

I see that quite a bit of content on this page will evolve with our
Redmine ticket. What about having a category related to Debian. So we
can have all the tickets in one listing.

In the list of packages to maintain what about pidgin-otr? But you know
better than me.

> This page is not linked from anywhere on our website yet, and I'm not
> sure where the link belongs. None of our "Contribute with your
> computer skills" sub-categories is a really good fit. Worst case,
> I think I'll add a link in the "software developer" one, but it feels
> a bit wrong. Perhaps we could rename it to "software developer or
> maintainer", or something that DDs can more easily identify with?

I renamed that category "Developer and maintainer, Software people with
very diverse skills can improve Tails."

See b468be7. Feel free to change that again.