Re: [Tails-dev] Tor Launcher as a standalone XUL app in Tail…

Author: intrigeri
To: Mark Smith
CC: The Tails public development discussion list, Mike Perry, Kathleen Brade
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tor Launcher as a standalone XUL app in Tails
Hi,

Mark Smith wrote (19 Feb 2014 14:14:31 GMT) :
> The main reason we proposed the "exit browser after configuration" solution was
> because we were not sure how much work it would be to create a standalone XUL app.
> But you have already done the work. The downside I see is that you will need to ship
> (and maintain) XULRunner. But maybe you already need to do that for other reasons.

We're shipping xulrunner anyway, as that's the way Debian's Iceweasel
is packaged (iceweasel depends on xulrunner).

> Another small consideration is that we (TBB developers) will probably not test Tor
> Launcher as a standalone XUL application because we will not be using it that way...
> so it is possible we will accidentally break something that is needed in that mode.
> Of course we will try not to do so.

Right. This may be mitigating by adding Jenkins jobs that daily build
and test Tails with a Git snapshot of Tor Launcher.