Re: [Tails-dev] Tor Launcher as a standalone XUL app in Tail…

Author: intrigeri
To: anonym
CC: The Tails public development discussion list, Mike Perry, Mark Smith, Kathleen Brade
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tor Launcher as a standalone XUL app in Tails
Hi,

anonym wrote (18 Feb 2014 18:08:01 GMT) :
> TL;DR: I think the standalone approach is better, and like to switch it.

After reading the following (but not the last email from Mark yet),
I now concur.

> Some notes on "exit the browser" vs standalone XUL approaches:

[...]
> * The way I understand the "exit the browser" approach is that we'd
> have Tor Launcher installed as an Iceweasel extension. However,
> having it intalled in our default Iceweasel profile will not be
> pretty so we'll have to generate yet another profile, with the added
> complexity and maintaince burden of that.

I don't see the downsides of having Tor Launcher installed as an
extension in our primary browsing profiles. I guess that's not
a decisive point anyway.