[Tails-l10n] German translation

Author: alyssa
To: tails-l10n
Subject: [Tails-l10n] German translation
Hello list !

I would like to participate in the german translations of Tails / the
website as a regular translator.

I read the documentation on the website, but did not yet fork the repo
(looong setup is long). Should I do that first, then translate stuff, then
get back to the list or to a particular person?

I was actually quite surprised about the "Transifex" part on
https://tails.boum.org/contribute/how/translate Is that still true? I am
also a transifex translator for various privacy-enhancing tools and I
think actually that there is one big advantage to using a web-based
translation tool: it's much easier to participate in the translation
process for less technical people. And generally that is what projects
would want… However, this is just a remark on the side (really bad way to
start a nice introduction on this list, right?) ;)

Take care.
--
Alyssa