Re: [Tails-dev] Tails logo

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails logo
BitingBird:
> Hello!
>
> A very nice graphist made some proposals, I like the cat a lot, what do
> you think?
>
> He welcomes demands of modifications, and we can think about what we
> need (logo/ mascot/ favicon ?). I think the cat could be more purple,
> with green eyes, to match the website (and torproject) colors.

Could you provide a bit more rational behind the proposal of the cartoon
cat? I don't see it fit what Tails represents at the moment. But maybe I
missed the point.

The swirl only (bottom left) is more neutral and seems to make more
sense: it reminds me of the Debian swirl but at the same time is a
question mark (a metaphor for anonymity). I don't know why but it also
makes me think about a magic swirl coming out of a magic lamp. And Tails
is some kind of magic lamp in the end :)