Re: [Tails-dev] Tails logo

Author: BitingBird
To: The Tails public development discussion list
CC: carmie
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails logo
Hi!

I just updated the ticket concerning the logo, to list the requirements
we decided during the last meeting. Here is the new text:

We need a logo for Tails.

Requirements:
* The logo has to be published under a free licence, compatible with GPL3+
* Proportions: ratio between 1:1 and 3:1
* If writing, then: Tails (uppercase first letter, the rest in lowercase)
* Colors: until now we stole the purple+green from Tor, but it doesn't
have to
* rather not re-use tor/debian images, but evoking ok (tor colors...)
* Visual + idea: secrecy / privacy / anonymity / mystery ; simplicity:
tails is ready-to-use
* little bit serious, but not sad
* The logo should make nice stickers / t-shirts, that people want to
have on their computers or themselves

We like the idea of the tail, the cat or the mask that was used by
Incognito in the past. Other ideas that meet the requirements are
welcome too.

BitingBird

Please CC: me and gizmo if you answer