Re: [Tails-dev] TAILS Mobile via USB or dual-boot

Author: Nathan of Guardian
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] TAILS Mobile via USB or dual-boot
On 01/07/2014 10:36 AM, Nathan of Guardian wrote:
> What I am wondering is if the Ubuntu devs have come up with a dual-boot
> system, if that can be modified to load a system image from an SD or USB
> storage system. Perhaps it is also something CyanogenMod could support.
> I will need to ask them and dig into the code, but if you have any clues
> that would be great.

I have answered my own question... MultiROM Android App:

http://www.addictivetips.com/ubuntu-linux-tips/dual-boot-android-ubuntu-touch-or-firefox-os-on-nexus-4-7-with-multirom/

"A great thing about MultiROM is the way it doesn’t require a lot of
tweaking on the user’s part to get things to work – there are no custom
bootloaders to flash, no configuration files to manually tweak or move
around; it all just works. Even better – it also supports USB flash
drives on devices such as the Nexus 7 that support USB OTG out of the
box, and even on Nexus 4 with hardware hacks that enable it."

***

This means on a Nexus 4, 7 or any USB OTG enabled-device, we can boot a
custom Tails edition of Android or Ubuntu Touch from a USB drive. Awesome!

Open-source, as well: https://github.com/Tasssadar/multirom

Happy day!

+n