[Tails-dev] Proposal to create a mailing list for testing

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list

Lately we have been releasing a bunch of ISO images with important
features to be tested (IUK, UEFI, MAC, any other acronym?). We announced
them on the blog.

We've been discussing with intrigeri the idea of creating a new mailing
list only for testing. I think the idea was not mentioned in public so
far. So here it is!

The objectives of such a list would be:

- To propose more things for testing. Announcing stuff on the blog
limits us to things that are almost production ready, while we could ask
for testing earlier if we had a separate channel.

- We know that some people are willing to do more testing, but wouldn't
be on tails-dev. This new mailing list could be a place for them, and a
new possible way to contribute to Tails.

- When we ask for testing, we need to think about what to do with the
input from testers. If we had a separate mailing list, it would be the
place to send this feedback without having to pollute tails@ tails-dev@
or tails-bugs@, all of them being weird places to send such reports.

I think it would be a bit like the tor-qa list, even if I've never been
there myself.