Re: [Tails-dev] Support for modern Vagrant

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Support for modern Vagrant
Hi,

David Wolinsky wrote (20 Dec 2013 18:00:49 GMT) :
> vagrant init tails

[...]
> You'll get a package.box that contains the updates

Thanks a lot. I've upgraded the basebox and it has now reached the web
mirrors. Hashsum updated in stable, devel and experimental Git
branches. And also in bugfix/6221-support-newer-vagrant, though in
a slightly different way since this stuff has moved.

I'd like to merge bugfix/6221-support-newer-vagrant one of these days,
and I think we're close. It integrates David's fix for the proxy issue
(#6514) too, and various minor improvements of mine.

@Debian Wheezy users: please try what follows, too. Else, well, too
bad, we'll only see once this is merged if we broke things for your
usecase, and if so, then I'm sure you'll be interested :P

@David and/or Julien, could you please:

1. Drop your existing basebox (rm -rf vagrant/.vagrant/).

2. You'll want to remove it from VirtualBox and ~/.vagrant.d/ too.

3. Checkout the branch that has the latest stuff:

       git checkout bugfix/6221-support-newer-vagrant

4. Start a build:

       rake build

What's expected here is the download of the new basebox. It's easy
to differentiate, as for whatever reason it's 480MB+ instead of the
previous 280MB+. Please also check that you don't need to manually
pass any proxy or noproxy setting. It should download it just fine.

5. Review the current state of bugfix/6221-support-newer-vagrant.

?

If all goes well, I'll merge this branch into stable and devel :)