[Tails-dev] Some problems with the experimental ISO

Author: Matsa
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: [Tails-dev] Some problems with the experimental ISO

Hi,

the actual experimental ISO [1] freezes on startup (just after the
choice between normal boot and failsafe).

Choosing failsafe reads "This kernel requires an x86-64 CPU, but only
detected an i686 CPU. Unable to boot"

Thanks to winterfairy's tip [2] I was able to access the greeter, but
unfortunatelly the fact to login in the greeter doesn't seem to work:
with any options I activate, i'm falling back to the greeter.

I verified the ISO's integrity and reinstalled twice with
Tails-installer.

Those computer and USB stick used to work smoothly with Tails.

Cheers

[1]http://nightly.tails.boum.org/build_Tails_ISO_experimental/tails-i386-experimental-0.23-20131211T1853Z-be56273.iso
[2] using TAB to edit boot parameters, and remove any "2" present at
the end of the kernel name and initrd name