Re: [Tails-dev] Make all .desktop-files translatable in Tran…

Author: winterfairy
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Make all .desktop-files translatable in Transifex
intrigeri wrote:
> winterfairy at riseup.net wrote (08 Dec 2013 11:54:32 GMT) :
>> I just filed ticket #6470, https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6470:
>
> [...]
>
> To sum up my thoughts:
>
> * liveusb-creator-launcher.desktop: yes
> * tails-upgrader.desktop: can be integrated as-is
> * WhisperBack: no, IMHO it should be done in its own repo
> * Perl programs: I'll have a look later
>
> How about you create sub-tasks of #6470 for each of those, and start
> with the easiest ones (installer and upgrader)?

During the December 2013 meeting the following was decided:

None of the desktop file should be moved to any other repository. Everyone
want them in their respective repository long-term, even if we where to
move them to the Tails main repo to make it easy for us on the short-term.
Also, moving them so they are separate from the actual application will
probably cause problem with keeping them in sync, among other things.

All of the desktop files should be made translatable using intltool. How
to make use of intltool in each affected repository differ due to
different build systems.

Subticket for #6470 is created accordingly for each project.

intrigeri will look into the Perl ones (persistence-setup, any more that I
missed?).

We also discussed whether it was an issue that the translated names wasn't
the same as the untranslated English names in the documentation, but
decided this is not an issue. If one can read the English documentation,
one can probably map the names to the translated ones too.