Re: [Tails-dev] Some problems with the experimental ISO

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Some problems with the experimental ISO
Hi,

Matsa wrote (12 Dec 2013 00:43:38 GMT) :
> the actual experimental ISO [1] freezes on startup (just after the
> choice between normal boot and failsafe).

Thank you for this useful feedback.

> Choosing failsafe reads "This kernel requires an x86-64 CPU, but only
> detected an i686 CPU. Unable to boot"

... which means I've messed up the auto-detection bits in
feature/amd64-kernel. Sorry about that. Gonna work on this soon.
In the meantime, WinterFairy's trick is a good one, unless you're on
a 64-bit system (where it should just work).

> Thanks to winterfairy's tip [2] I was able to access the greeter, but
> unfortunatelly the fact to login in the greeter doesn't seem to work:
> with any options I activate, i'm falling back to the greeter.

It might be that I've messed something up when hard-resetting the
state of the experimental branch after the release. I'll look at this
later today. Sorry for the inconvenience.