Re: [Tails-dev] Release schedule for Tails 0.22

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Release schedule for Tails 0.22
Hi,

TL;DR: no change to the 0.22 release schedule *but* a bonus 0.22.1
might be released early next week.

intrigeri wrote (24 Sep 2013 17:51:54 GMT) :
> 2013-12-09 package new Firefox ESR
> 2013-12-09 build and upload final ISO
> 2013-12-10 test final ISO (deadline: 6pm CEST, better start
> early)

All done. A few issues were discovered along the way.

I think we can safely ignore these ones for 0.22:

* #6477: getTorbuttonUserAgent differs from browser user-agent
* #6480: TorBrowser takes too long to shutdown
* #6481: TorBrowser proposes to share the microphone with websites

These ones, on the other hand, are a bit more serious:

  * #6478 (Keyboard shortcuts use QWERTY mapping instead of AZERTY on
    French keyboard): being investigated.

  * #6479 (Unsafe Browser cannot connect to the Internet):
    pending review'n'merge, can be easily workaround'd by setting one
    single pref in about:config.

However, while important issues, IMHO they are *not* worth delaying
the release. Protecting users ASAP against the newly published Firefox
serious security issues feels way more important.

> 2013-12-11 release
> 2013-12-11 FF17 is EOL'd

... so, I'm going to prepare the release announce and push it today
according to the plan, unless there are serious objections.

However, if enough of these issues are fixed by Thursday 6pm CET
(potentially with other bugfixes that make a difference), then I'm
considering building a 0.22.1 that would be tested on the week-end,
and released on Monday. We'll see.