[Tails-l10n] Fwd: [Tails-dev] Release schedule for Tails 0.2…

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-l10n
Subject: [Tails-l10n] Fwd: [Tails-dev] Release schedule for Tails 0.22
Hi,

here's is the preliminary release schedule for Tails 0.22. It will be
a kinda special major new release: it should have been
a point-release, but unfortunately the FF17 ESR will be EOL'd by then,
so we have to move to FF24 ESR.

Adding a RC and the porting work to FF24 to my already pretty busy
schedule wasn't exactly easy, so apart of FF24, I'll generally treat
the merge requests as if it were a point-release, with special
exceptions for stuff covered by a grant, that we have to deliver by
the end of the year. If you have a better process in mind, I'd be
happy to hear it :) In any case, I certainly would not mind some help
of any kind along the way, especially for the porting to FF24.

Also, all this depends heavily on Mike Perry's timing regarding the
Torbutton and Torbrowser updates for FF24, so it should be taken with
a grain of salt.

2013-11-25 rebase on FF24
2013-11-26 rebase on FF24

  2013-11-27 to 2013-11-29
    test with FF24 (volunteers, please),
    fix regressions as needed (help is welcome)

2013-11-30 freeze, build & upload RC1
2013-12-01 test RC1
2013-12-02 publish RC1

2013-12-09 package new Firefox ESR
2013-12-09 build and upload final ISO
2013-12-10 test final ISO (deadline: 6pm CEST, better start early)
2013-12-11 release
2013-12-11 FF17 is EOL'd

Core developers: ASAP, please volunteer for the various test days, or
make it clear that you can't make it, so we can reschedule slightly if
needed, thanks!