[Tails-dev] MAC spoofing: current status? [Was [RFC] Design …

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: [Tails-dev] MAC spoofing: current status? [Was [RFC] Design (and prototype) for MAC spoofing in Tails]
Hi,

(I'm acting with my RM hat for the next two Tails releases on.)

It's now clear feature/spoof-mac won't make it into 0.22. No big deal,
as long as it's merged soon enough and we can publish some beta
version of it by the end of the year. I'd like to have some visibility
on what's left to do for this to happen.

I've updated the existing tickets to match the current state.

anonym, I think now would be a great time to sum up what the current
state is:

  * remaining coding blockers
  * remaining design documentation blockers (the blueprint didn't
    make it into a design doc yet, right?)
  * remaining user documentation blockers (are there placeholders doc
    pages with indications for doc writers already?)
  * once all coding blockers are solved, I think a bolder call for
    testing (pointing to a nightly built ISO from experimental) would
    be good: some of us told that they are lost in this huge thread,
    and it's unclear to them how close we are to the "please widely
    test this code" state (I know, one call for testing was sent as
    part of this thread, but I wouldn't expect everyone to have read
    the whole thread and seen it, so a dedicated email in a new thread
    could be worth it)

I'd love to see tickets created for all the blockers, so that one can
easily track the progress of this feature.