Re: [Tails-dev] What to do with Firefox 17.0.11ESR?

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] What to do with Firefox 17.0.11ESR?
sajolida@??? wrote (26 Nov 2013 12:22:53 GMT) :
> Another possibility would be to do the usual RC, and advertise it as a
> better workaround for people concerned about the libnss issue. The ISO
> will be the same, it's just the way we advertise it that changes. No?

Now that the RC is 3 days away from now, and my email [1] to
pkg-mozilla about fixing NSS in squeeze-backports is still unanswered,
I believe the best course of action is indeed to advertise the RC more
strongly than usual (by having the security issue notification
explicitly suggest to use the RC).

I'm starting to think we should get involved into the pkg-mozilla
team somehow.

[1] https://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-mozilla-maintainers/2013-November/014775.html