Re: [Tails-dev] [RFC] Design (and prototype) for MAC spoofin…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [RFC] Design (and prototype) for MAC spoofing in Tails
Hi,

anonym wrote (25 Nov 2013 19:25:32 GMT) :
> 21/11/13 19:27, intrigeri wrote:
>> anonym wrote (21 Nov 2013 05:58:37 GMT) :
>>> For consistency I also
>>> added similar help links for persistence and "more options" in the first
>>> screen, although this easily can be reverted if not desired.
>>
>> TBH I see little use in this button: the documentation it links to
>> only quickly mentions the list of options offered when choosing "more
>> options", which can be discovered by trying it just as well, so IMHO
>> this just adds clutter (big word, perhaps) to the UI, and not
>> much value.

> With "this button", do you refer to only the "more options" help button,
> or that one *and* the persistence help?

The "more options" one. Sorry, I realize I was 100% unclear here.

> While I agree the "more options"
> help isn't very helpful, the persistence help could at least be good to
> have available for the read-only option, which users might forget the
> exact behavior of.

Agreed. Let's get rid of the "more options" help, then?

I'm starting to think that the "just remember users what it's about"
usecase would be better solved by tooltip messages than by the more
heavyweight Help button, but well, the whole thing has to be reworked
entirely anyway.