Re: [Tails-dev] [RFC] Design (and prototype) for MAC spoofin…

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [RFC] Design (and prototype) for MAC spoofing in Tails
21/11/13 19:27, intrigeri wrote:
> anonym wrote (21 Nov 2013 05:58:37 GMT) :
>> For consistency I also
>> added similar help links for persistence and "more options" in the first
>> screen, although this easily can be reverted if not desired.
>
> TBH I see little use in this button: the documentation it links to
> only quickly mentions the list of options offered when choosing "more
> options", which can be discovered by trying it just as well, so IMHO
> this just adds clutter (big word, perhaps) to the UI, and not
> much value.

With "this button", do you refer to only the "more options" help button,
or that one *and* the persistence help? While I agree the "more options"
help isn't very helpful, the persistence help could at least be good to
have available for the read-only option, which users might forget the
exact behavior of.

Cheers!