Re: [Tails-dev] Fix for keyboard layouts in the greeter, ple…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Fix for keyboard layouts in the greeter, please review
winterfairy@??? wrote (22 Nov 2013 12:21:57 GMT) :
> Good news, Croatian is already fixed upstream!

:)

> xkeyboard-config commit ffed69dc, on Feb 1 2013,
> released as version 2.9. Latest release is 2.10.1.

> Squeeze has version 1.8.
> Wheezy and experimental has version 2.5.1.
> Latest X.org release has 2.6.

> So in a few years from now, maybe, it reaches us :)
> Unless something can be done on Debian's side of things.

If this commit is small enough and applies fine on 2.5.1, perhaps it
can be backported into Debian testing/sid and even Wheezy. What might
make it a bit tricky is that one would have to check that it doesn't
break the Debian Installer (I suspect some d-i udeb's hardcode some
language/layout pairing or similar).

Anyway, since it's fixed upstream, I'm happy to take the temporary
kludge, with some marker in the code so that we revise it for Jessie
(I'll add the markers, don't worry).

> I have created a patch and tested that is does what I expects it to, only
> actually submitting it upstream remains.

\o/

> So, the Norwegian and Croatian fix should go in for the next Tails
> release. I have updated both my branches "bugfix/norwegian-layout" and
> "bugfix/norwegian-layout-wheezy" by reverting the Sardinian commit and
> merging into the wheezy one.

Merged, thanks!
I'll update feature/spoof-mac and the package in experimental shortly.
I've not built new .deb's for Wheezy yet, and don't plan to do it
until I work on feature/wheezy again.