Re: [Tails-dev] Fix for keyboard layouts in the greeter, ple…

Author: winterfairy
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Fix for keyboard layouts in the greeter, please review
intrigeri wrote:
> winterfairy wrote:
>> intrigeri wrote:

>>> It would be awesome to have these uncertainties cleared,
>>
>> There are a few Croatian translators on Tor projects Transifex page.
>> I will go ahead and ask them, they would know the best.
>
> Perfect.

Good news, Croatian is already fixed upstream!
No idea how I missed that :)

xkeyboard-config commit ffed69dc, on Feb 1 2013,
released as version 2.9. Latest release is 2.10.1.

Squeeze has version 1.8.
Wheezy and experimental has version 2.5.1.
Latest X.org release has 2.6.

So in a few years from now, maybe, it reaches us :)
Unless something can be done on Debian's side of things.

>>> Yes, please.

I have created a patch and tested that is does what I expects it to, only
actually submitting it upstream remains.

>>> I think I'd rather not fixed a problem that nobody is affected by...
>>> and the day we receive a complain, then we'll learn at the same time
>>> what is their preferred keyboard layout :)
>>
>> Agree.
>>
>> Should I rebase my branch without the Sardinian commit, or revert it?
>
> In general, I prefer if you revert it. (I personally dislike having to
> review a branch entirely again due to history rewriting. I might
> squash the branch to make its history cleaner — without content change
> — before merging, if I think of it at that time.)

Done.

So, the Norwegian and Croatian fix should go in for the next Tails
release. I have updated both my branches "bugfix/norwegian-layout" and
"bugfix/norwegian-layout-wheezy" by reverting the Sardinian commit and
merging into the wheezy one.