Re: [Tails-dev] Fix for keyboard layouts in the greeter, ple…

Author: winterfairy
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Fix for keyboard layouts in the greeter, please review
intrigeri wrote:
> winterfairy wrote:
>>    I am a bit uncertain, as recently "hrv" has been added
>>    for the keyboard layout "us/hbs" (serbo-croatian (us)).
>>    I do not really know if "hr" (croatian) keyboard layout
>>    is preferred for croatia.

>>    Fedora installer selects "hr" it seems.

> It would be awesome to have these uncertainties cleared,

There are a few Croatian translators on Tor projects Transifex page.
I will go ahead and ask them, they would know the best.

>>  * Sardinian is not a selectable language in Fedora installer
>>    or Ubuntu installer, and we do not know which keyboard
>>    layout it should use. It is not fixed upstream.
>>    We cannot fix it upstream.

>>    Should I file a bug report that it is missing?

> I've found no ML for Sardinian in Debian either. Did anyone actually
> complained about Tails' default keyboard layout for Sardinian?

In bug #5741, it says:
> The following languages only get the USA layout, [...]
> * [...]
> * Sardinian (should get Ita (Italian) perhaps?)
> * [...]

It sounds like someone tried selecting random languages in the greeter
until they found one that only got the USA fallback layout.

And I can find no Sardinian translators on Tor projects Transifex page
either.

> If not,
> I think I'd rather not fixed a problem that nobody is affected by...
> and the day we receive a complain, then we'll learn at the same time
> what is their preferred keyboard layout :)

Agree.

Should I rebase my branch without the Sardinian commit, or revert it?

Or maybe rebase my branch with only the norwegian fix, so it definitely
makes it for the next Tails release? I really wanted to fix the norwegian
keyboard support for the next Tails release, the other languages were just
a bonus as they belonged to the same bug report.