Re: [Tails-dev] Vidalia failing to start in 0.21 on some har…

Author: Alan
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Vidalia failing to start in 0.21 on some hardware
Hi,

On Tue, 29 Oct 2013 16:00:57 +0100 intrigeri <intrigeri@???> wrote:
> Alan wrote (29 Oct 2013 13:25:03 GMT) :
> > Please see https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6389 for details.
>
> Great investigation, congrats!
>
> Will you submit this as a bugfix branch for 0.22, or should someone
> take the lead on that one?

I was seeing my patch more as a was to prove where is the problem than
as a bugfix.

What we should really do is to wait for vidalia to connect
to Xorg rather than to wait 5 seconds hoping it has done it.

I don't know yet how to do that, so if somebody feels comfortable in
fixing it, I'll happily let her do! However, if nobody feels skilled to
do it, I could commit to search for a good fix of to propose the
current patch as a bugfix branch.

Cheers