Re: [Tails-dev] IPv6 firewall: accept RELATED, ESTABLISHED c…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] IPv6 firewall: accept RELATED, ESTABLISHED connections?
Alan wrote (28 Oct 2013 12:41:45 GMT) :
> During 0.21 testing session, I noticed that we accept IPv6
> RELATED,ESTABLISHED connections while we drop everything else. Is there
> any good reason to do that?

No idea. As far as I understand it, removing these rules would have
absolutely no impact on the actual rules processing (my understanding
is that no packet can reach RELATED/ESTABLISHED state if new packets
are not allowed to start with). So, I see no problem that would need
to be solved here.

If anyone thinks differently, and believe there's an actual problem to
solve here, I'm happy to see people experiment and propose a branch.