[Tails-dev] IPv6 firewall: accept RELATED, ESTABLISHED conne…

Author: Alan
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] IPv6 firewall: accept RELATED, ESTABLISHED connections?
Hi,

During 0.21 testing session, I noticed that we accept IPv6
RELATED,ESTABLISHED connections while we drop everything else. Is there
any good reason to do that?

# ip6tables -L -n -v

Chain INPUT (policy DROP 0 packets, 0 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source     destination
 0    0     ACCEPT     all      *      *       ::/0       ::/0                state RELATED,ESTABLISHED

Chain FORWARD (policy DROP 0 packets, 0 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source     destination

Chain OUTPUT (policy DROP 0 packets, 0 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source     destination
 0    0     ACCEPT     all      *      *       ::/0       ::/0                state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
 0    0     LOG        all      *      *       ::/0       ::/0                LOG flags 8 level 7 prefix `Dropped outbound packet: '
 0    0     REJECT     all      *      *       ::/0       ::/0                reject-with icmp6-port-unreachable

Cheers