[Tails-dev] New Firefox 24.1.0esr branch (with full patch se…

Author: Mike Perry
To: The Tails public development discussion list, intrigeri, mcs, brade, g.koppen
Subject: [Tails-dev] New Firefox 24.1.0esr branch (with full patch set)
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to give you the heads up that I have created a new FF24esr
branch based on Mozilla's FF24.1.0esr release tag. This should have all
of our FF17 patches fully rebased and squashed back into 1 commit per
patch.

The branch is torbrowser-firefox24.1.0esr on my remote
https://git.torproject.org/user/mikeperry/tor-browser.git.

The head of that branch should have hash
0afe6cc436e994f176d71c340516f04074e91eeb

It compiles on Linux, but I have not tried a full Gitian build with it
yet, nor have I tested running it. It also requires a couple commits to
Tor Launcher that have been merged to origin/master but have not been
tagged with a release yet.

There probably also will have to be new patches written once I finish
with https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/9608 and with the
networking code review.

There's also this pile of already-known issues to contend with:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?keywords=~ff24-esr

--
Mike Perry