Re: [Tails-dev] New Firefox 24.1.0esr branch (with full patc…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
CC: g.koppen, mcs, Mike Perry, brade
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] New Firefox 24.1.0esr branch (with full patch set)
Hi,

Mike Perry wrote (24 Oct 2013 00:31:26 GMT) :
> Just wanted to give you the heads up that I have created a new FF24esr
> branch based on Mozilla's FF24.1.0esr release tag. This should have all
> of our FF17 patches fully rebased and squashed back into 1 commit per
> patch.

Thanks a lot.

intrigeri wrote (13 Nov 2013 13:17:54 GMT) :
>>>   2013-11-27 to 2013-11-29
>>>     test with FF24 (volunteers, please),
>>>     fix regressions as needed (help is welcome)

>> This has been rescheduled to November 14 (all day, #tails on IRC).

The only issues that were found so far are in the basic fingerprinting
area, and I wouldn't mind if some Firefox expert (Mike, Pearl Crescent
folks, etc.) had a look:

    https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/iceweasel_24/#index4h1

Testers: the Unsafe Browser is left to be tested; see the "Guidelines
for testers" and "Needs to be checked" section on the blueprint
linked above.