Re: [Tails-dev] Feature #5641 Explain why tor is slow

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Feature #5641 Explain why tor is slow
> Not at all, just to little time on my side. I had more work than usual
> and the HDD of my workstation died so backups + reinstalling OS took me
> a lot of times (I won't tell you how many OS installs I did, I'm too
> ashamed of it :p encountering problems and problems).
>
> I'm answering this mail only because you forwarded it on a another MB,
> I have 92 mails to read, just for Tails ...
>
> So thanks for asking but don't worry ;).

Ok, good to know.

> (I'm proud to see that page online, it makes me eager to write more
> doc :D)

If you want more pointers, two other documentation tasks you could work
on are (by order of difficulty I think):

1. Document what kind of anonymity Tails provides
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/5816

2. Explain why Tails ships Tor
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6018

Both are very badly defined, so a fist task will be brainstorm on that,
and probably starting a thread on defining them better on tails-dev.
Also have a look at the documentation Tor might have on their own
website. Without forgetting that Tails is not a side project of Tor, we
also ship I2P, we might ship other tools if they are relevant, etc.