Re: [Tails-dev] Quarterly tickets gardening: outcome and pro…

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Quarterly tickets gardening: outcome and proposals
On 04/10/13 18:21, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been playing the ticket gardener [1] yesterday and today.
> I'm done! Tons of stuff was triaged, and I have some proposals
> (deadline: in a week or two) that follow.

That's amazing, thank you for doing that chore.

> As it was the first pass since we moved to Redmine, I didn't take time
> to add "easy" tags [2], so please, do this for the categories you feel
> responsible of (e.g. documentation, sysadmin, whatever), so that the
> next ticket gardener can do that for tickets that belong to
> other categories.

I already did that for documentation and website issues a few weeks ago.
I also took the time to put a bit more explanation to these easy tasks
so they would look more meaningful and helping to new contributors.

See for example:

https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6323

I think it is a good thing to have such easy tasks lying around ready to
be picked up by newcomers. This one looks a bit silly, but I personally
never got around to doing it, and maybe that can bring a new CSS
designer into Tails.

This idea is based on the EasyHacks by LibreOffice, see:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Easy_Hacks#These_bugs_are_easy.21_I_don.27t_want_to_bother_with.2Fcan_fix_them_all.21

> [1] https://tails.boum.org/contribute/working_together/roles/ticket_gardener/
> [2] https://tails.boum.org/contribute/working_together/criteria_for_easy_tasks/
>
> Move to priority "low"
> ======================
>
> This is wishlist/patches-welcome/don't-care-that-much/would be great,
> but *we* don't feel committed to make it happen any time soon.
>
> So, either assign one or some of these tickets to you, or I'll
> downgrade their priority to "low".
>
> #6323 - Improve the CSS of the boxed titles
> #6321 - Restructure the download page and "Get Tails" documentation

I downgraded those two to "Low" priority. I hope possible contributors
won't be turned down by "low" priority tasks.

> Missing assignee?
>
> For those, I think one of us plans to do it, but didn't assign the
> ticket to them. Please fix this if needed, and disregard else. In some
> cases, if nobody plans to do it, I may downgrade the priority.
>
> #6319 - Restructure the documentation on Mac support

Assigned to myself.