Re: [Tails-dev] Removing the clock applet from the desktop

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Removing the clock applet from the desktop
Hi,

Maxim Kammerer wrote (20 Sep 2013 15:08:46 GMT) :
> This thread is too painful to watch. Next thing you will “discover” is
> that the default clock applet is actually a shared library plugin for
> gnome-panel, and that setting TZ for gnome-panel won't work because
> the variable propagates to launched applications. You will then
> possibly think of running a distinct applet via a wrapper, like this:
> https://github.com/mkdesu/liberte/blob/master/src/home/anon/bin/wrappers/epiphany

> Hopefully, I saved you guys some time in navigating through the
> complex and not too newbie-friendly world of Linux. Good luck! :)

Maxim, thank you for the technical information, it has probably saved
some minutes of someone's time in the future. However, the tone you're
using in this email is not welcome on the Tails development fora.

Anyone is welcome to drop a line here with some info you just got
somewhere, that you think might be useful, even if you don't have time
to research it in more depth right now. It's also fine to make
mistakes :)