Re: [Tails-dev] Removing the clock applet from the desktop

Author: Maxim Kammerer
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Removing the clock applet from the desktop
On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 5:35 PM, intrigeri <intrigeri@???> wrote:
> Someone just suggested a quite simpler solution that I had missed: to
> run the clock applet with TZ set accordingly to the region chosen in
> the greeter.

This thread is too painful to watch. Next thing you will “discover” is
that the default clock applet is actually a shared library plugin for
gnome-panel, and that setting TZ for gnome-panel won't work because
the variable propagates to launched applications. You will then
possibly think of running a distinct applet via a wrapper, like this:
https://github.com/mkdesu/liberte/blob/master/src/home/anon/bin/wrappers/epiphany

Hopefully, I saved you guys some time in navigating through the
complex and not too newbie-friendly world of Linux. Good luck! :)

--
Maxim Kammerer
Liberté Linux: http://dee.su/liberte