[Tails-dev] starting dev

Author: Sina S
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] starting dev
Hi TAILS list,

I'm very interested in TAILS and would like to contribute what I can. I've
read most of the /contribute pages on the website, checked out the devel
branch and looked at the tickets on the ticketing system (happy to see a
few of the ideas I thought would be useful are already tickets).

However I am having trouble understanding exactly what steps are to be
taken to build TAILS from the devel repo?

I tried to run rake basebox:create and got this:
$ rake basebox:create
rake aborted!
Don't know how to build task 'basebox:create'

I tried to run vagrant basebox build squeeze with a similar result (didn't
understand the basebox command and showed the help output).

I also had trouble running veewee on my Ubuntu 13.10 laptop, as vagrant
requires the gem net-scp to be version 1.0.4 while fog (required by veewee)
uses net-scp 1.1.2 and these cause a conflict.

Finally, I couldn't really figure out how to build an ISO from the repo
either.

If I missed reading a bunch of documentation somewhere, could someone
please point me in the right direction? Otherwise, some understanding on
this stuff would be great :)

Thanks in advance!