Re: [Tails-l10n] Swedish translation of launchers and the sm…

Autor: winterfairy
Para: Tails localization discussion
Asunto: Re: [Tails-l10n] Swedish translation of launchers and the smaller tails programs
> Hi,
>
> sajolida@??? wrote (12 May 2013 18:06:08 GMT) :
>> On 05/05/13 16:39, winterfairy@??? wrote:
>>> 0003-Swedish-translation-of-the-smaller-Tails-programs.patch
>>>
>>> In the 0003 patch I added a new folder with the Swedish po files. I do
>>> not
>>> know if I need to change anything anywhere so they get compiled to mo
>>> files when building the ISO. Can someone that knows how the ISO
>>> creation
>>> works make that change in that case, thanks.
>
>> This one being slightly more complex I'll ask for review before applying
>> it.
>
> The thing is, in order to make things simpler for us, to simplify the
> translators docs, and also to enable us to put a bit more trust into
> the translations we ship in Tails, we're moving towards a model where
> there are only two ways to contribute translations to Tails:
>
>   * Transifex: to be able to trust the resulting translations, we rely
>     on the relatively high exposure of proposed translations, on the
>     Transifex review process, and on the social dynamics of
>     that place.

>   * translation teams using Git: every team member's work is reviewed
>     by one other team member, then we're asked to pull.

> So, unfortunately, translations contributed by a lone individual on
> this mailing-list are a bit hard for us to trust (no offense intended)
> and integrate, and will probably soon be entirely deprecated.
>
> Even more unfortunately, we currently don't push our smaller programs
> strings to Transifex, so the only long-term way to maintain
> translations thereof is:
>
>   * Either you (winterfairy) find accomplices who will be happy to
>     learn and use Git, so that you can set up a Swedish translation
>     team -- does this seem possible to you?

>   * Or we find a way to push these strings to Transifex, and you
>     contribute your work there. This should not be too hard, but we're
>     super-busy so help would be welcome!

> What do you think?

Since getting all translatable resources to Transifex would be the ideal
solution, that is where to aim. Transifex already has support for all
filetypes used by Tails (po-files and desktop-files), so that shouldn't be
any problem.

I am willing to help, but I need to know where help is needed. What is the
time consuming task that currently is preventing you from doing this?