Re: [Tails-l10n] Choosing between Git and Transifex per-lang…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: Tails localization discussion
Asunto: Re: [Tails-l10n] Choosing between Git and Transifex per-language?
Hi,

sajolida@??? wrote (15 May 2013 15:43:34 GMT) :
> So if we want to be a bit more autonomous regarding configuration,
> team management, etc. we could have our own Transifex project with
> the same features as they do.

> A drawback would be to stop being in the same project as Tor, and thus
> have probably less people seeing our files, and tempted to contribute.

Given:

  1. the low number of Git -based translation teams (2)
  2. the infrastructure setup and maintenance work needed if we want
     to do it ourselves
  3. the probable loss of translators if we move out of Tor's
     Transifex project
  4. a good-enough workaround was proposed (Git -based translation
     teams take responsibility to regularly contact Transifex
     translators for their language)

I really don't see why we would bother creating and maintaining our
own Transifex project. I'm happy to reconsider this once we have half
a dozen or more Git -based translation teams. But well, if folks
disagree and want to set up and maintain this thing, I'm fine too :)