Re: [Tails-l10n] Swedish translation of launchers and the sm…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: winterfairy
CC: Tails localization discussion
Asunto: Re: [Tails-l10n] Swedish translation of launchers and the smaller tails programs
Hi,

sajolida@??? wrote (12 May 2013 18:06:08 GMT) :
> On 05/05/13 16:39, winterfairy@??? wrote:
>> 0003-Swedish-translation-of-the-smaller-Tails-programs.patch
>>
>> In the 0003 patch I added a new folder with the Swedish po files. I do not
>> know if I need to change anything anywhere so they get compiled to mo
>> files when building the ISO. Can someone that knows how the ISO creation
>> works make that change in that case, thanks.

> This one being slightly more complex I'll ask for review before applying
> it.

The thing is, in order to make things simpler for us, to simplify the
translators docs, and also to enable us to put a bit more trust into
the translations we ship in Tails, we're moving towards a model where
there are only two ways to contribute translations to Tails:

  * Transifex: to be able to trust the resulting translations, we rely
    on the relatively high exposure of proposed translations, on the
    Transifex review process, and on the social dynamics of
    that place.

  * translation teams using Git: every team member's work is reviewed
    by one other team member, then we're asked to pull.

So, unfortunately, translations contributed by a lone individual on
this mailing-list are a bit hard for us to trust (no offense intended)
and integrate, and will probably soon be entirely deprecated.

Even more unfortunately, we currently don't push our smaller programs
strings to Transifex, so the only long-term way to maintain
translations thereof is:

  * Either you (winterfairy) find accomplices who will be happy to
    learn and use Git, so that you can set up a Swedish translation
    team -- does this seem possible to you?

  * Or we find a way to push these strings to Transifex, and you
    contribute your work there. This should not be too hard, but we're
    super-busy so help would be welcome!

What do you think?