Re: [Tails-dev] Please review&merge feature/torbrowser (isol…

Autor: sajolida
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review&merge feature/torbrowser (isolation patches)
On 17/04/13 17:15, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as announced here earlier today [0], I've worked on integrating the
> last missing Torbrowser isolation patches into our browser.
>
> Tickets:
> - https://tails.boum.org/todo/iceweasel_DOM_storage_isolation/
> - https://tails.boum.org/todo/iceweasel_image_cache_isolation/
> Branch: feature/torbrowser (no commit, only APT stuff)
>
> The result has been merged in experimental. A built ISO does not seem
> to behave any worse than before, but as I wrote in that other email of
> mine [0], I did not find a way to make sure the patches actually work.
>
> I'm going offline for a while, and I'll only be back shortly before
> the 0.18 freeze. Still, I'd like these packages to live a bit more
> than 2-3 days in devel until the freeze, so I'll let you care about
> reviewing, testing and merging this (at the APT level) in
> the meantime.
>
> If no proper way to test this is quickly found, then I think it still
> should be merged ASAP into devel: we did not perform any such detailed
> testing for most other Torbrowser patches, so I guess these ones can
> go in as well.
>
> Anyone volunteers to review&merge this (e.g. before April 24th),
> and perform the tests Mike Perry will hopefully suggest us?
>
> [0] https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-dev/2013-April/002926.html

Did you try to see wether the fingerprint reported by ip-check.info was
now unified between Tails and TBB? See my report on testing Tails 0.17.2:

« The only weird thing I found is with the browser fingerprint, but it's
no regression: TBB enables the DOM local storage, and Tails disables it.
So the checks on ip-check.info returns different values. »