[Tails-dev] Please review&merge feature/torbrowser (isolatio…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: [Tails-dev] Please review&merge feature/torbrowser (isolation patches)
Hi,

as announced here earlier today [0], I've worked on integrating the
last missing Torbrowser isolation patches into our browser.

Tickets:
- https://tails.boum.org/todo/iceweasel_DOM_storage_isolation/
- https://tails.boum.org/todo/iceweasel_image_cache_isolation/
Branch: feature/torbrowser (no commit, only APT stuff)

The result has been merged in experimental. A built ISO does not seem
to behave any worse than before, but as I wrote in that other email of
mine [0], I did not find a way to make sure the patches actually work.

I'm going offline for a while, and I'll only be back shortly before
the 0.18 freeze. Still, I'd like these packages to live a bit more
than 2-3 days in devel until the freeze, so I'll let you care about
reviewing, testing and merging this (at the APT level) in
the meantime.

If no proper way to test this is quickly found, then I think it still
should be merged ASAP into devel: we did not perform any such detailed
testing for most other Torbrowser patches, so I guess these ones can
go in as well.

Anyone volunteers to review&merge this (e.g. before April 24th),
and perform the tests Mike Perry will hopefully suggest us?

[0] https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-dev/2013-April/002926.html