Re: [Tails-dev] Let's share username, /etc/hostname and /et…

Autor: adrelanos
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Let's share username, /etc/hostname and /etc/host among all anonymity distributions
sajolida@???:
>> My proposal would then be:
>>>
>>> username: user /etc/hostname: host /etc/hosts: 127.0.0.1
>>> host.localdomain host

The git commits for next Whonix version (no date determined yet) have
been done. Unless the proposal changes, it will appear in next Whonix
version.

> Makes sense for me too. But the switch will need to be well thought
> and justified because it will temporarily split the anonymity sets
> in case of leaks for people with older versions.

The anonymity sets get split with every Tails update. (Firefox,
TorButton updates) I wouldn't know how you could do more then doing it
for a future release.