[Tails-dev] About the browser homepage

Autor: sajolida
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: [Tails-dev] About the browser homepage

Hi,

After the release of Tails 0.16, we received a bunch of bug reports from
users complaining about the switch of the browser homepage from
https://check.torproject.org/ to https://tails.boum.org/news/.

They were complaining the previous homepage was more "useful" to them
than the new one. I beg to disagree on its usefulness from a technical
point of view but I understand that they don't want to loose their
reassuring habit of seeing the green onion when Tails start. So even if
it's not real a founded fear I want to respect it.

So I thought we could either:

- Open the two tabs as homepage
- Link check.torproject.org from the news page

What do you think?

I create a branch feature/are_you_using_tor_link that implements the
second proposal. See screenshot in attachment.